US visa from India: Process and preparation
For Indian, getting US visa is a life changing event. We come across many families, who have applied for US Visa and is rejected and may be 1 out of 5 distribute sweets when they get the Passport back with duly stamped Visa.
In this blog, Globalduniya team will discuss the Do’s, Don’t and the steps needed to apply for Non-immigrant Us Visa for the Holders of Indian passport.
1 . Foremost important is that you only write correct and verified information in your visa application. Do not even think to lie- you will be rejected.
2. Collect all the documents, before starting the application :
- Valid passport having more than 6 months of expiration date.
- Travel Itinerary, place where you will be residing or hotel details.
- Resume (you may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history, invitation letter, digital photograph, fee. Get photographed by a professional photographer. You need following photo specification. Give this to your photographer.
- Bank statement of last 6 months. (Certified by bank officials)
- Last 3 Years Income Tax return with computation.
Some time some additional information is to be filled in DS 160
Digital Image Requirements
Your photo is a vital part of your application. If the image you supply is not suitable, the system will not allow you to submit the photo. You may have to take another photo with a digital camera or modify the format to meet the minimum technical requirements. Please make sure you know how to provide a suitable photo to avoid any delays.
The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply for a visa.
The digital image must adhere to the following specifications:
The image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels. Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels. Please review photo requirements for specific dimensions.
The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB color space which is the common output for most digital cameras.
The image must be in JPEG file format
The image must be less than or equal to 240 kB (kilobytes).
The image may need to be compressed in order for it to be under the maximum file size. The compression ratio should be less than or equal to 20:1.
Want to scan an existing photo?
In addition to the digital image requirements, your existing photo must be:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter)
Use the Department of State’s free photo tool to:
- Select a digital image stored on your computer
- Resize and rotate it if necessary
- Crop it to a square image of exactly 600 x 600 pixels, and
- Save it to your computer to submit online or for printing
- This tool requires Adobe Flash Player 10 or later.
While we recommend you use a professional photo service to ensure your photos meet all the requirements, you may take the photo yourself. Please remember that photos must not be digitally enhanced or altered to change your appearance in any way. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply for a visa.or Click this
3. You have answered all the questions in the form. They are mandatory. You may forego optional questions
4 If you have a friend or relative in America and ask him to get Affidavit of Support form I-134(Filing an Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is generally used to sponsor a visiting foreign national to enter the United States. In addition, the sponsor has to provide evidence that the applicant will not become a public charge while temporarily visiting the United States. "Public charge" refers to an individual who could possibly become primarily dependent on or seek the U.S. government for financial resources.
Please ensure your American citizen friend or relative also attaches his salary certificate, income statement, bank statement, proof of joband copy of American passport as a support in I134.
In order to get Non Immigrant visa you to fill online DS160
Here is the link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Important notes before completing the Application
Guidelines for Completing the Form DS-160
Complete and submit your Form DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
1. The interview Embassy/Consulate you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same Embassy/Consulate where you schedule your interview appointment.
2. All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only, except when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
3. If you stop working on this application for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will have to start over unless you have recorded your Application ID Number or have saved your application to a file on your computer. Write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page. If you need to close the browser before submitting your application, you will need this Application ID to continue your application.
4. The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alphanumeric barcode confirmation page. Print this page. The printed confirmation page is required for the appointment at the Visa Application Center and for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.
5. Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the "Back" button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.
In case you have any question. Please ask the question in the comment section, globalduniya visa expert will try to answer the question.
Subscribe the blog. We will be regularly offering you important information and will also travellers will share their experience with you.
Globalduniya is a diagonally blue online platform, which provides you Flight, Hotel, Cruise, Transfer, Car Rental, Train, Bus, Domestic & International tours with travel insurance.
Visit us: www.globalduniya.com
Diagonally Blue balance in the life gives the calming effect on the psyche of the human being. The earth is composed of 71% of water. Whenever you will perceive a water body it will be perceived as Blue. If you scramble Globalduniya It represents Diagonally Blue. You can’t think of travel or tourism without diagonally penetrating the God's created blue horizon.
The vision behind the creation of Globalduniya travel portal is enhancing the calm in once life as well as to ensure travel from the surface to Sky, surface to Sea, sea to sky with full of convenience in once own style & satisfaction standards.
Globalduniya having Global Presence is here to redefine the extreme touring experience without any scope of tension.
After years long research of consumer behaviour, expectations, need determination matrix, founders behind the globalduniya technologically advance online travel portal was designed with the innovative incorporation of artificial intelligence principle to evolve a perfect travel solution.
A study clearly reflects the customer’s psychology to get the best possible services in the least possible price points. The problem is in order to easily qualify the customer, the Travel agents and the online travel portal logics suggest the buyer the services which are substandard and are unreliable.
Globalduniya has re defined the service standard, which filters the results on 100s of parameters which are based on the intelligent diagnostic codes, so that no sub-standard flights, hotel, vacation rental, car rental, bus, train, vacation or Travel insurance service is listed in the search results. That is how high-quality carriers, establishment and ground operators having multiple years of experience are only contracted and real time recommendations are made, that is how we Guarantee Happiness.
At Globalduniya travel enthusiast and passionate travel professional are only offering the consultancy even to economy clients. Our expert luxury and honeymooner’s division advisors are those who have travelled across different continents of the world and on the other side corporates and business clients are also given fault fewer services which are fully backed by pre-screened service calls and ultimate luxurious offerings.
Globalduniya guarantees your calm. So from the day you have hired our platform by selecting Flight, Hotel, Transfer, Car Rentals, Activities and sightseeing. Vacation package or Travel Insurance services. You will get the Guaranteed assurance to be Frontrunner/Priority traveller or preferred guest for the whole of the team, may be the consultant, support executive or Travel director or any service establishment which is working non-stop 24x7 to elevate your calms, happiness for ultimate loyalty, strength, trust in your relationship.
So just chill, subscribe us www.globalduniya.com to get preferably the best- personalised travel service in your inbox.
Remember Our Brand Promise is Happiness Guaranteed!
The royal shade of India, Rajasthan has a colour of everything to reflect. From its diverse culture to the breathtaking architecture. The princely state never seems to disappoint you. Take this exotic journey of Rajasthan with the creative words of our guest bloggers. Write to email@example.com to be our guest blogger.