Schengen Visa is one special kind of tourist visa that enables either transit through or an intended stay within the territory of the Schengen Member States for the duration of maximum 90 days (short stay) within a 180-day period. Indian passport holders can apply for a Schengen Visa at the Embassy of any of the 26 Member States.
Currently, there are 26 Schengen Area Member States, 22 of which comprise of European Union Member States.
Who Can Apply for a Schengen Visa in India?
All Indian citizens as well as citizens of other countries that are currently legally residing in India can apply for a Schengen Visa in India.
Other Indian citizens currently residing elsewhere may only apply for a Schengen Visa in India if they are legally present there and provide a justification for doing so while in India rather than in their current country of residence.
To Make A Strong Schengen Visa Application
Globalduniya provides you with the extremely simple solutions to process your visa application. Nowadays visa application processing has become hassle-free but still there is a scope of getting visa refusal.In order to make the stressful visa process concise and methodical.Our Visa team offers expert guidance to ensure all paperwork are filled in correctly and all relevant supporting documents are well organized so that the chances for getting a Visa will probably be 100%.Visa experts at globalduniya will make everything easy to understand, clear and hassle-free and answer all your queries till you are satisfied. At Globalduniya we guaranteed customer satisfaction!
To Apply Schengen Visa Application DIY:-
Document Requirements for Indian Passport Holders
Documents requirements For Indians applying for a Schengen Visa in India:
1. Download the application form , fill it completely and write correct and verified information.You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form online and print a hard copy.
2. Two photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
3. Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
4. Travel Visa Insurance confirmation of minimum €30,000 coverage within the entire Schengen area.
5. A cover letter stating the purpose of visit and itinerary.
6. Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the specified state/states. You can read everything about flight itinerary for visa application here.
7. Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay. Learn more about Hotel Booking for Visa application here.
8. Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
9. Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
10. In case of student visa should have proof of enrollment and no objection certificate from school or university.
11.In case of employed Current bank statement, of latest 6 months,Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
Note: The signed application form must be accompanied by the rest of the mandatory documents, then handed personally at the correct Embassy/Consulate or its representatives in India.
Schengen country’s embassy one should apply to:-
Where you file your Schengen visa application depends on your travel plans within Europe. Here’s the order of consideration:
- Apply for your Schengen visa at the embassy of the country you plan to spend the maximum number of days in.
- If you’re going to spend equal number of days in some countries, apply at the embassy of the country you plan to travel first.
If your plans are open and flexible, it’s a good idea to go with the latter and let your accommodation bookings reflect that. Once your score your Schengen visa, you can enter from and travel freely in any part of the Schengen zone.
If the Schengen country one want to visit has no Embassy/Consulate in India?
In this case or if the present Embassy/Consulate in India is not currently issuing visas, then your Schengen visa application should be submitted to the Schengen member state “representing” this specific country regarding visas.
Applications can be submitted to:
- Schengen visa application for Greece from Goa must be submitted to the Portuguese Consulate General in Goa, India.
- Schengen visa application for Slovakia from Mumbai must be submitted at the Hungarian General Consulate in Mumbai, India.
- Schengen visa application for Slovenia from Goa must be submitted at the Portugal General Consulate in Goa, India.
- Schegen visa application for Iceland must be submitted at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi, India.
- Schengen vsa application must be submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi, India.
Schedule an Appointment with VFS
Once you’ve figured out which country’s embassy you’ll be applying to, find its corresponding VFS website for example, first select visiting country- Germany then applying for- India ) and book an appointment by calling on 022-67866013 / online to submit visa application at the visa application center.
Remember that you either need to apply at the VFS Center that’s closest to the address on your passport, or show address proof of your residence in another part of the country.
If you have missed your appointment on the scheduled day, the system will not allow you to reschedule or cancel and you will require to book a new appointment after 24 hours.
Schengen Visa Fees for Indian Passport holders
Visa Category Visa Fee in INR Visa Fee in Euro
Schengen Visa (Adult) 4400 60
Schengen Visa (Child-06-12 yrs of age) 2600 35
* The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
You can contact the Embassy to check whether they pay with credit card, as some Embassies have incorporated this method of payment.
Visa Application Processing Time
Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application which is admissible. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed. Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.
What documents should be Taken when travelling on a Schengen Visa?
At the external borders, all visa holders can be requested the documents that justify the purpose and the conditions of their stay as well as proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the period intended to travel and stay as well as for returning to the country of origin or transit to a third state, for which you possess proof of admission.
HOW MANY TIMES ONE CAN USE SCHENGEN VISA?
On the visa sticker the “number of entries” is indicated: “1”, “2” or "MULT". The holder of a multiple entry visa ("MULT") may enter the Schengen area unlimited number of times during the validity of the visa while respecting the rules on duration of stay.
- Charges Incurred for the change in Jurisdiction for visa interview processing vary from Rs 1200 to Rs 2000.(For Instance one belongs to Mumbai region but he/she wishes to apply for Visa Interview from Delhi region has to bear some additional charges) And the courier charges to receive visa at your place also varies from Rs 600 to Rs 1200 depending upon the region you are applying to.
- Passport has to be issued within the last 10 years and needs to have at least 2 empty pages and 3 months Validity after the scheduled return. Handwritten passports are not acceptable.
- Passports with observations regarding the front page data cannot be accepted(name observations,validity,date of birth etc)
- The Submission of your visa application can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an authorization letter and photo-ID.
- The application would be sent to the Consulate the next working day after submission at the Visa Application Centre in Mumbai. Whereas the applications submitted in Pune, Ahmedabad and Goa would be sent to the Consulate a day later to the next working day.
- Holders of Indian Diplomatic Passports do not need a visa to travel to Germany for a short term visit of up to 90 days.
- The processing time for certain nationals, including holders of Indian IC (Tibet), Afghanistan, Nigeria, Iraq and Iran (among others) is at least 10 days.
- Visa Fees, VFS Service charge & Value Added Service charges, once paid, are non – refundable.
The countries issuing Schengen visas are:
Austria Schengen visa, Belgium Schengen visa, the Czech Republic Schengen visa, Denmark Schengen visa, Estonia Schengen visa,Finland Schengen visa, France Schengen visa, Germany Schengen visa, Greece Schengen visa, Hungary Schengen visa, Iceland Schengen visa, Italy Schengen visa, Latvia Schengen visa, Liechtenstein Schengen visa, Lithuania Schengen visa, Luxembourg Schengen visa, Malta Schengen visa, the Netherlands Schengen visa, Norway Schengen visa, Poland Schengen visa, Portugal Schengen visa, Slovakia Schengen visa, Slovenia Schengen visa, Spain Schengen visa, Sweden Schengen visa and Switzerland Schengen visa.
In case you have any question. Please ask the question in the comment section, globalduniya visa expert will try to answer the questions.
Also read this, Globalduniya brings an exclusive concept of branded fare recently adopted in travel industry.It’s now more common to see a matrix of fare comparisons between the different branded fare options and the requested itinerary. The airlines also provide a separate comparison chart displaying each of the ancillary services and showing which of those services are offered or bundled into the branded fare.From priority boarding, to lounge access or extra rewards points to additional leg room, individual travelers get a sense that they know what to expect from their entire airline travel experience when booking with a branded fare.The benefit for the customer is that they receive, a good saving on ancillary services. Depending on travel volume, cost savings can add up over time.
Subscribe the blog. We will be regularly offering you important information and also travelers will share their experience with you.
Globalduniya is a diagonally blue online platform, which provides you Flight, Hotel, Cruise, Transfer, Car Rental, Train, Bus, Domestic & International tours with travel insurance.
Visit us: www.globalduniya.com
Follow us on