US visa from India: Process and preparation
A visa is a key element of travelling abroad.For Indians, getting US visa is a life changing event.We come across many families, who have applied for US Visa and got rejected and may be 1 out of 5 distribute sweets when they get the Passport back with duly stamped Visa.This blog is about the Do’s and Don’ts and the steps needed to apply for Non-Immigrant US Visa for Indian Passport Holders.
TO MAKE A STRONG U.S. VISA APPLICATION
Globalduniya provides you with the extremely simple solutions to process your visa application. Nowadays visa application processing has become easy but still there is a scope of getting visa refusal.In order to make the stressful visa process concise and methodical.Our Visa team offers expert guidance to ensure all paperwork are filled in correctly and all relevant supporting documents are well organized so that the chances for getting a Visa can probably be increased by 100%. Visa experts at globalduniya will make everything easy to understand, clear and hassle-free and answer all your queries till you are satisfied. At Globalduniya we guaranteed customer satisfaction!
TO APPLY U.S. VISA APPLICATION AS A DIY-
1.Document Requirements for Indians Travelling to the United States
Indians visiting the United States should have the following documents:-
- Valid passport having more than 6 months of expiration date.
- Travel Itinerary, place where you will be residing or hotel details.
- Resume (you may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history, invitation letter, digital photograph, fee. Get photographed by a professional photographer. You need following photo specification. Give this to your photographer.
- Bank statement of last 6 months. (Certified by bank officials)
- Last 3 Years Income Tax return with computation.
Some time some additional information is to be filled in DS 160
2.Digital Image Requirements
Your photo is a vital part of your application. If the image you supply is not suitable, the system will not allow you to submit the photo. You may have to take another photo with a digital camera or modify the format to meet the minimum technical requirements. Please make sure you know how to provide a suitable photo to avoid any delays.
The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply for a visa.
The digital image must adhere to the following specifications:
The image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels. Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels. Please review photo requirements for specific dimensions.
The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB color space which is the common output for most digital cameras.
The image must be in JPEG file format
The image must be less than or equal to 240 kB (kilobytes).
The image may need to be compressed in order for it to be under the maximum file size. The compression ratio should be less than or equal to 20:1.
Want to scan an existing photo?
In addition to the digital image requirements, your existing photo must be:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter)
Use the Department of State’s free photo tool to:
- Select a digital image stored on your computer
- Resize and rotate it if necessary
- Crop it to a square image of exactly 600 x 600 pixels, and
- Save it to your computer to submit online or for printing
- This tool requires Adobe Flash Player 10 or later.
While we recommend you use a professional photo service to ensure your photos meet all the requirements, you may take the photo yourself. Please remember that photos must not be digitally enhanced or altered to change your appearance in any way. The acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. embassy or consulate where you apply for a visa.or Click this
3.Points to be Remember while Filling US Visa Forms & Supporting documents.
- The most important thing is that you only write correct and verified information in your visa application. Do not even think to lie- your application will be rejected.
- You have to answer all the mandatory questions in the form. You may forego optional questions.
If you have a friend or relative in America ,ask them to get Affidavit of Support form I-134(Filing an Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is generally used to sponsor a visitor visiting foreign national to enter the United States. In addition, the sponsor has to provide evidence that the applicant will not become a public charge while temporarily visiting the United States. "Public charge" refers to an individual who could possibly become primarily dependent on or seek the U.S. government for financial resources.
Please ensure your American citizen friend or relative also attaches his salary certificate, income statement, bank statement, proof of job and copy of American passport as a support in I134.
In order to get Non Immigrant visa you need to fill online DS160.
Here is the link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Important notes before completing the Application
Guidelines for Completing the Form DS-160
Complete and submit your Form DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
1. The interview Embassy/Consulate you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same Embassy/Consulate where you schedule your interview appointment.
2. All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only, except when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
3. If you stop working on this application for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will have to start over unless you have recorded your Application ID Number or have saved your application to a file on your computer. Write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page. If you need to close the browser before submitting your application, you will need this Application ID to continue your application.
4. The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alphanumeric barcode confirmation page. Print this page. The printed confirmation page is required for the appointment at the Visa Application Center and for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.
5. Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the "Back" button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.
In case you have any question. Please ask the question in the comment section, globalduniya visa expert will try to answer the question.
If You are planning to visit U.S. soon,start working on your visa prerequisites.To know more Contact Us
Also read this, Globalduniya brings an exclusive concept of branded fare recently adopted in travel industry.It’s now more common to see a matrix of fare comparisons between the different branded fare options and the requested itinerary. The airlines also provide a separate comparison chart displaying each of the ancillary services and showing which of those services are offered or bundled into the branded fare.From priority boarding, to lounge access or extra rewards points to additional leg room, individual travelers get a sense that they know what to expect from their entire airline travel experience when booking with a branded fare.The benefit for the customer is that they receive, a good saving on ancillary services. Depending on travel volume, cost savings can add up over time.
Subscribe the blog. We will be regularly offering you important information and also travelers will share their experience with you.
Globalduniya is a diagonally blue online platform, which provides you Flight, Hotel, Cruise, Transfer, Car Rental, Train, Bus, Domestic & International tours with travel insurance.
Visit us: www.globalduniya.com